- 8 or more tomatoes, washed, stems removed.
- 20-30 leaves of fresh basil
- 8-10 green olives (unstuffed) finely diced
- 5-6 Shallots finely diced
- 7-8 garlic cloves peeled and chopped of garlic or a heaping spoon of chopped Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green Chili Seasoning (optional)
- Clean the tomatoes and place in hot water and cook until the skins are starting to crack and fall away.
- Remove from heat and add cool water and let them cool.
- Remove skins and any center core you don't want etc.
- Add the the tomatoes, basil, green olives, shallots, garlic to a food processor and pulse till blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- I sterilize jars, lids and caps and fill them with the sauce and place the caps,lids and seals on not too tightly and place in a pot of boiling water. Once the mixture boils I remove and tightly seal with hot pad holders and place upside down to lock and seal for storage. Can be used right way if you want. Just cook up the meat you want and you are good to go.
Note. Depending on the juiciness of your tomatoes, you may choose to thicken it. We use Wondra if we need to.