- Fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 brick Light Cream Cheese softened
- Precooked Bacon
- Little Smokies
- Chives, finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your baking sheet with tin foil and lightly grease (we use pam spray) the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, and chopped chives (reserve some for later).
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture into the middle of each jalapeno half. Then sprinkle randomly with left over chopped chives. Place little smokie in the middle of the cream cheese mixture and then wrap with the bacon, using a tooth pick to keep them closed. Place the completed peppers, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the filling is soft and the jalapenos and bacon look good but not too crisp, about 20 -25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.