Friday, July 22, 2011

Fire Roasted Salsa

Fire Roasted Salsa



Ingredients:
  • 3-4 Jalapeno peppers
  • 8-9 tomatoes
  • 6-8 cloves of garlic
  • 3-4 shallots 
  • Cilantro
  • Sea salt to taste

Grilled the tomatoes, jalapenos, shallots and garlic until lightly charred.  




Remove stems and some seeds (depending on how hot you want the salsa) from the jalapenos.  Please all ingredients into food processor and pulse till desired texture. Add salt to taste preference.


I sterilize jars, lids and caps that seal.  I fill with the salsa and close them up not too tightly and place in boiling water about 1/2 way up until the liquid inside is boiling.  I remove from the water, tighten the lids with hot pad holders and place them upside down to help seal.  This keeps the salsa good for a long time.  I try to keep jars around for year round.   


If you want it for right away make sure to store in fridge.

1 comment:

  1. I am a picky eater and I love this salsa!

    ReplyDelete