This are the best cookies I've made this year! We made them (my daughter and I) to send along with several other kinds of cookies to family and a few friends this year for Christmas. Boy did the responses come in fast. We had visits and calls and emails saying 'Send more please!' So here is the recipe for all to enjoy.
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 2 cups finely chopped nuts (pecans)
- Additional confectioners' sugar (for rolling)
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Use a teaspoonful of dough and roll into small balls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and roll in confectioners' sugar
- Allow to finish cooling and re roll in confectioners' sugar