This is a great recipe for that left over holiday ham. I have to say I wasn't sure how this would turn out but it was honestly amazing. We ate it two days in a row for breakfast. I recommend placing left overs in tinfoil tightly sealed. To reheat put on a pizza tray and warm again. It serves up GREAT!
Serving Description: 2 slices
Container: baking sheet, 2 skillets
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine - divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 eggs - beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- green chili powder to taste
- 8 ounces mushrooms - sliced
- 1 - 12 inch pizza crust
- 2 cups ham - cooked and diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese - shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions - sliced, plus more for garnish
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of margarine, one tablespoon on olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and green onions and saute until the mushrooms start to brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour then pour in the milk and stir to combine, keep stirring until it becomes thick, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another medium skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter over medium heat.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring gently until soft scrambled.
- Add in the mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet.
- Top with the egg mixture, half of the cheese, sprinkle with ham and then the rest of the cheese.
- Sprinkle green onion over the top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.