Friday, February 1, 2013

Best Ever Egg Sandwich adaption from Ambitious Kitchen



 This is my version of the Best Ever Egg Sandwich with Avocado, Tomato and Bacon.
I follow the Ambitious Kitchen blog regularly.  Monique's blog is truly an inspiration for me.  Here is my adaption of her Best  Egg Sandwich with Avocado, Tomato & Bacon.
 Since I saw this recipe I have made variations of this a total of three times.  Play around with it yourself and I bet you will find one you love too! 



This can be made open faced or closed as I have done it.  It's messy, its good.  Dig in you wont regret it.




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 a ripe avocado
  • 2 slices of a good multi-grain bread for toasting
  • 1 tomato, sliced
  • 1 egg
  • 2 slices of smoked thick cut bacon
  • 2 slices of smoked cheddar
  • green chili dust
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

  1. Cut the avocado in half.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper and green chili dust.  Mix with a fork gently  until it reaches a slightly chunky consistency. If you want more spice red pepper flakes if desired. 
  2. Next toast bread to to your preferred level, once done place cheese on the toast this helped to melt it.  
  3. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until your desired state crispy (or in my case crispy on the edge cooked in the center). Remove and transfer to paper towel and pat dry.  Place on top of the cheese on the toast.  Add the sliced tomato and avocado.
  4. Keep the heat in on in the pan and crack egg into skillet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic salt (tiny amount) and green chili dust.  Cook your egg to the desired stage (for me its hard I don't like runny eggs) . Place the egg on the sandwich close the sandwich up and enjoy!

Variation Suggestions: 
  • sausage/turkey sausage
  • turkey bacon
  • Canadian bacon
  • green chili
  • salsa
  • hot sauce or cholula
  • baby spinach
  • spring mix
  • cucumber
  • pepper jack cheese, manchego cheese, queso blanco cheese, or any other have tried a lot of different ones so feel free to mix them up

No comments:

Post a Comment