We make ours with Red Snapper, Scallops and Shrimp in our version.
- 1 lb halibut fillet or sea bass fillet or red snapper fillet (or use a mixture of fish, shrimp and scallops)
- 5-6 limes (Enough Juice to cover fish)
- 1 diced fresh tomato
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- green chili seasoning, to taste
- Tajin seasoning, to taste
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (or more to suit your taste)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber finely chopped
- avocado (optional)
- Dice the fish and scallops (approximately 1/2-inch dice if using shrimp use cleaned cooked shrimp).
- Marinate fish and scallops in the lime juice in the fridge overnight (this step cooks the fish), the shrimp is added later.
- Stir often.
- Pour off most of the lime juice (just leave it moist).
- Add remaining ingredients except avocado. Do this preferably a few hours before serving and refrigerate.
- Toss well and arrange in individual serving bowls.
- If you wish garnish with sliced avocado.
Note: If you prefer to have this dish ready sooner... you can lightly bake the fish and scallops, then chop them up and add them with the shrimp and add the lime juice. Stir it well. Then add all remaining ingredients, season to taste and top with sliced avocado.